POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation question : Re: Animation question Server Time
27 Apr 2024 17:36:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation question
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 10 Apr 2005 21:43:20
Message: <4259d638$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Dave,
And so you shouldn't.. ;)

For the propeller I would use some sort of semi-transparent texture
to fake the motion blur of the spinning.
For the strobe, I can think of a solution..

        A counter that holds the duration of the on/off sequense
        + a boolean variable.
        Let's say you want the light to be on for half a second
        (that's something like 12 frames.. 24 fps/2). Then the
        counter increments itself 12 times. When it reaches
        12 or 11, depending on if you start on 0 or 1, it switches
        the boolean.
        The light checks every cycle if the boolean is true or
        false. If it's true, it's on.. and the opposite of course.

Try it. I hold no responsibility if it does any harm to
animals or your computer.. ;)

Stefan